Donnerstag, 11. Dezember 2008

Waiting

As a child I hated waiting. I thought waiting for Christmas or my birthday was extremely difficult. The time seemed to stand still, and looking at the clock or calendar or asking mommy "How much longer" "when is it going to be Christmas again?" "When is my birthday?" were favorite questions. Now I´m an adult and don´t have to ask mommy anymore, but I´m not sure I like waiting anymore now than I did back then. The more important it is to me, the harder it is to wait. I can wait patiently in the check-out line or for the mail to come, but waiting to ovulate, waiting to test, waiting for the doctor´s appointment and waiting for a second appointment is hard. I know it´s completetly out of my control and all that´s left for me to do is wait, but it´s the waiting and not knowing that makes it so hard. Will I be so lucky as to have a sticky baby, or will it be another disappointment? I´m trying to be optimistic, but as they say, a pessimist is an optimist with life experience, and my experiences have been less than desirable. I shall stop complaining and commence waiting again. I´ll try to do so patiently, but it´s hard, so if anyone has some extra patience or knows how to make time fly, I´d like some.

2 Kommentare:

Aisling hat gesagt…

I'll send you any patience I can muster! :) ALSO, some very sticky (super-gluey in fact) baby vibes!

Anonym hat gesagt…

I'm currently ignoring phantom symptoms and a very faint line after POAS. One cycle seems to take a thousand years!