After having a very impromptu Thanksgiving Dinner I thought I should write some ground rules down for the next time I decided to do this.
1. Allow extra time for the turkey-- a lot of extra time. At least 2 hours...
2. Pre-cook as much food as possible so that it just has to be heated because the Turkey will be hogging all oven space.
3. Select dishes that can be prepared in the steam oven.
4. Better, learn to prepare Turkey in steam oven.
5. Have toaster oven out and ready for warming food that will not go in the oven with Turkey.
6. Make pumpkin pie from fresh pumkin, not frozen.
7. Better, skip pumpkin pie and serve apple pie or spice cake with cream cheese frosting
8. Use only dishes that can go in the dishwasher. Now is not the time to do things by hand.
9. Begin drinking heavily around 4, so that when Turkey is not quite done you do not care or notice.
10. Order pizza because it´s the new American tradition--have a nice selection of toppings--spinach, mushroom, olive/pepper (gotta get those veggies) and some topped with turkey and potatoes (gotta love those krauts for inventing a pizza like that)
Freitag, 28. November 2008
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
1 Kommentar:
I tagged you!
Kommentar veröffentlichen