Donnerstag, 23. August 2012
Lazy, crazy days of summer
We have a favorite activity at our house...it´s called let´s give Ralphie a treat. I´m just glad that we´ve gotten (mostly) past feeding him from the table. At least it´s not people food anymore. Well, she still gives him cheese, or tease as she calls it. I guess she´s learned that the way to a man´s heart is through his stomach...
Since we aren´t taking a summer vacation this year we´ve tried to work in a few day trips. We had planned to go visit the gardens in Dessau/Wörlitz, but it rained cats and dogs, so we kept on going and went to Wittenberg to see where Martin Luther nailed his 95 theses to the door of the church. And I immediately thought of my 10th grade World History teacher, Mr. Owen. I´m pretty sure he´d be proud that I remember about Martin Luther and the lecture in class that day, 15 years ago! So here´s darling daughter trying to open the gate to get in and get a closer look at them! Learning young, we are.
We´ve also been to the zoo in Dresden a couple of times. We´re more interested in hugging our friends and checking out other people´s strollers than we are in looking at the animals. But she did seem pretty interested when the zebras got into a fight and the lion started roaring for added effect. The other animals, not so much.
Cleaning is very big at our house right now. Ralphie is blowing his coat so there´s lots to vacuum. Luckily someone loves to help Mommy. She´s also pretty good about mopping up her puddles, just not about sitting on the potty...sigh. I´m so ready to be done with diapers, but I guess she´s not quite there yet.
And the lazy, crazy days of summer haven´t left me much time to craft or sew, but I have gotten a top finished for fall. Just need to try it on the model and see how it fits, and then I´ll try to put up some pictures. The yard has come a long, long way, but I seem to forget the camera when I´m outside.
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen