Last Summer I made this diaper bag from a really easy Simplicity pattern. I improvised on the changing pad, used a micro fleece towel I had on hand...shhh don´t tell my MIL about it (hey, I thought it was ugly, and it was a terrible size, and my husband never liked the feel of it).

After I finished that, I saw so many tutorials for making burp rags, that I thought I could do that, and it would be easy. Well, no prefolds to be had, at least not cheaply, so I found some birdseye at Nancy´s Notions, ordered it along with some cute baby fabrics, and made my own. I think they turned out pretty well all things considered.

Then I had some fabric left over and saw
this really cute tutorial on the net a few weeks ago, decided that my baby might really like a tag blanket, ordered some minky and then went to work. It was really easy to do, and I hope it´s a hit with our little one. We´ll see!


I frequently read
this and she had another easy tutorial for making a laminated changing pad, and I happened to have some laminated fabric to use for it. It doesn´t exactly match my diaper bag, but who cares?! Sewing with laminated fabric is a bit fussy, and I cursed a few times as my layers slipped, but in the end it worked out ok.

Now I´m busy learning about smocking, and can´t wait to get started on my first project....
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen