Dienstag, 2. Juni 2009
April showers bring May flowers...
Actually it didn´t rain a whole lot in April, but my garden is growing. Here are a few shots of our yard from May. When my parents were here in April I planted six rose bushes. This picture is of my 2.99€ mystery rose. I don´t know what kind of rose it is, and the tag said only that it was a pink rose. I think it´s lovely, just wish I knew which rose it was!
About three weeks ago the husband got a bee in his bonnet that we needed to have grass and needed to have it now. To appease him I let him get sod put down for the area around the roses/terrace. I think it has turned out well, and the husband is thrilled. He´s planning more....he´s bought the most amazing lawn mower to mow it with. I wish I could give you the technical details, but I can´t. I´m sure you are heart broken not to know.
Our predecessor had lots of iris growing in the yard, and I dug them all up just before the house was built and put them here in this raised bed where they have stayed. I´ll be moving them in July or August to the front of the house to go along the fence. we are planning to tear out the raised beds and the raised terrace behind. You´ll understand why in a minute.
Some more of my lovely iris with said raised terrace in the background. It is ugly as home made sin and has to go. I cannot wait to have the open space to do something with. The husband is shooting for the fall as demolition time. In the mean time he´s collecting bids to have it torn down. The previous owner worked in steel and concrete construction and the terrace has some serious rebar in it. Talk about reinforced concrete....
And last but not least, my lovely boxwoods! I transplanted them and in this photo they look really nice. At the moment they are looking a little peaked because of the sun and transplant stress/shock, but I´m hoping they make a full recovery.
More to come later. I´m sure after tomorrow´s trip to the nursery I´ll have more to show!
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
2 Kommentare:
I love it all! I would love to dig up our weed infested, more-moss-than-lawn marsh-like grass and replace it with pretty sod like you guys.
Absolutely gorgeous! It looks lovely!
Kommentar veröffentlichen